William S. Hodges, San Jose, CA, 408-292-3933, Mobile 408-667-0401 email@example.com.
Objective: Seeking a Senior Marketing Manager position.
· Marketing management, channel marketing, MARCOM, PR, branding, sales, business development, lead generation programs, direct marketing, telemarketing programs, affiliate programs, viral marketing programs, customer acquisition/retention marketing programs, ROI analysis.
· Channel programs, strategic alliances/partner programs, contract negotiations, metrics.
· Product marketing plans, product launch plans, marketing plans, marketing campaigns, budget management, slide presentations, white papers, sales collateral, case studies, key industry analysts, trade analysts.
· Go-to-marketing program vision, strategic and tactical market segmentation, product definition and positioning, MRD/PRD, value proposition, product marketing, pricing, product launches.
· Market analyst, business intelligence analyst, competitive analysis
· Produced processes to generate world-class marketing and business development organizations.
· Interviewed, supervised, and trained employees.
· Unix server, MS Windows server, enterprise software, infrastructure software, streaming media.
· LAN/WAN/Wireless Networking, SSL, RSA Security, Firewalls, Symantec, McAfee.
· Internet-based applications, Internet enabling solutions, Internet B2B, e-business integration.
· Web site design, Web-based marketing/customer retention campaigns, webcasting, webinars.
· MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop.
Marketing Management Consultant Santa Clara, CA 8/04 – present
* For example. Business plan development for Internet-based start-up, SMB accounting/document transfer enterprise software company CoreoTrans, Inc., Toronto, Canada.
* Developed strategic marketing; direct and VAR channel sales plan recommendations
* Created a detailed outline for the business plan, helped to write plan, and created 28 competitive analysis matrices that present comparative product features and benefits.
* Assisted with the final polished draft of the business plan and appendices.
Business Development Mgr/Market Analyst, digital-X, Inc. Sunnyvale, CA 11/03 – 8/04
Created Reseller Sales and Marketing Program including distributor relationships. Responsible for driving direct sales of HP high-end multifunction laser printers, copiers, and HP/Compaq laptop computers to consumers at local SMBs and large companies. Utilized resources of HP Partner One, HP Shopping.com, HP Partner Direct, Synnex, and Ingram Micro programs and distributors to order products and manage deals.
* Delivered lead generation programs including: email opt-in campaigns, MARCOM collateral, and telemarketing sales campaign. Utilized Salesforce.com lead tracking system.
* As a market analyst consultant working for digital-X. Generated a competitive market analysis and slide presentations for the new HP Digital Electronics Group (Plasma and LCD TVs Services), Cupertino, CA and the HP Imaging and Printing Group, San Diego, CA.
Marketing Management Consultant Santa Clara, CA 1/01 – 11/03
Advised small start-up companies on product launches. Delivery of business plans, intro plans, market research/analysis, sales/channel partner plans, white papers, and MARCOM. For example, created a funding business plan (including financials and product marketing) for start-up InteSens, Inc. (MEMS sensors), San Jose, CA.
Director of Marketing, eVcast Santa Clara, CA 6/00 – 12/00
Introduced a set of $100,000-priced hardware/software Internet-based, audio/video streaming media, webcast system products for start-up in less than 6 months to Fortune 500 companies and U.S. corporate video equipment resellers.
Delivered MRD/PRD’s, inbound/outbound product marketing, Beta site plan, marketing campaign plans, product/sales intro plans, MARCOM, PR, direct marketing, lead generation/management, opt-in email and Web site design.
Also, recruited and managed 30 U.S. audio/video resellers and coordinated event marketing.
Marketing Management Consultant Santa Clara, CA 9/97 – 6/00
Advised small start-up companies on product launches, channel partner plans, other marketing proposals.
Created product launch plan, channel partner plan, sales training plan for Supply Chain Management (SCM)/Business Intelligence enterprise software company, SupplyPoint.com, San Jose, CA. Launched their product SupplyVantage 2.1 in 1999 and began ISV partner relationships with such companies as HP, SAP, Oracle, etc.
Created customer acquisition/retention marketing proposal to Inktip.com, Burbank, California.
Internet Software Program Manager, Hewlett-Packard, Cupertino, CA 11/94 – 9/97
* Increased leveraged HP 9000 Unix server sales by $15M to Fortune 500 corporations.
* Recruited, ported, managed over 40 worldwide Internet software partners for the HP 9000 servers including: Netscape (browser, net server), Microsoft (Explorer), AOL (browser/web servers), Open Market, Excite, and Checkpoint Software (firewall security).
* Participated in joint third party software sales calls with HP direct sales management and reps
* Managed contracts, hardware/software loaner systems, technology exchanges, joint marketing projects, co-branding, joint sales efforts, cross-function coordination, high-level presentations at executive management meetings.
PREVIOUS HP EXPERIENCE
Channel Partner Marketing Program Manager, HP Cupertino, CA
Recruited and managed 18 U.S. resellers(VARs)/distributors/SIs and downsized IBM mainframes, AS/400s to HP 9000 Unix servers using application migration tool software.
Strategic Marketing Manager, HP Cupertino, CA
Defined, developed inbound mkting and executed business plans for HP Process Manufacturing Group.
Business Development Manager, HP Cupertino, CA
Recruited and managed ISV’s (software) to leverage HP 9000 workstations into vertical accounts.
Product Marketing Manager, HP Corvallis, OR
Managed the development, launched and managed HP PC desktop instrument controller.
MBA, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, Arizona
B.A., Journalism, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
Hodges is a highly successul marketing management professional with over 18 years of experience in server hardware/software and Internet software solutions. He spent over 13 years with the Hewlett-Packard Company, and a number of years with Internet software companies. Currently, Mr. Hodges is working part-time as a marketing management consultant. Hodges holds a BA in Journalism from the University of Georgia and an MBA from the University of Phoenix.